Director, HR Compliance and Risk Management - Winnipeg - Kennedy
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
24-7 Intouch has over 17 years of experience delivering innovative contact center support for global Fortune 500 companies. We are one of the fastest growing BPO companies in the world, with 13 amazing, employee-centric campuses. We’re obsessed with providing remarkable contact center solutions to the world’s most innovative brands.
The 24-7 Intouch culture fosters personal and professional growth. If you have drive, dedication, and a desire to grow personally and professionally, you’ve come to the right place. We take pride in the diversity of our people, and the unique skills and insights each person brings to 24-7 Intouch. We know our goals are not achieved by a single individual, but by the success of a high-performing team with diverse backgrounds and personal experiences.
ABOUT THE JOB
The HR Compliance & Risk Management team is a dynamic group responsible for identifying and managing risk and compliance for the organization. This role ensures compliance with government legislation, organizational goals, internal and external best practices, policies and activities for the organization. You’ll make sure our business department leaders have the tools and information required to be compliant both internally & externally, while strategically managing your team, budget, and resources toward continuous improvement.
- Understand the different employment legislative environment for each of our global locations and develop plans and strategies with this in mind
- Monitor organizational practices, processes & policies to identify areas of risk, gap and ensuring compliance.
- Develop, implement and measure the success of all compliance & risk programs
- Work closely with our HR Teams at each of our locations to assist in improving and assuring adherence to processes, policies, and legislation.
- Evaluate HR and Corporate processes, policies, and programs tools with a focus on identifying risk, improvements to increase efficiency, and manage compliance both internally & externally.
- Work closely with our internal departments to ensure alignment and communication of the departmental goals and strategies
- Lead the team, and process of conducting on-site and virtual HR compliance audits including preparing results and remediation plans
- Management of various HR Programs, requiring internal and external compliance such as i-9, e-verify, background checks, EEO etc.
- Compile data and prepare key government required reports
- Track regulatory changes with impacts to HR programs and policies
- Work closely with department leaders assisting with legal case responses and investigations
- Provide ongoing review and auditing of employment legislation to ensure policies, procedures and on going maintenance is compliance with relevant legislation
- Work closely with internal HR departments to review internal processes, ensure compliance and provide recommendations on improvements
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of HR Compliance team
- Manage employee development, discipline, performance appraisals, and administration of policies
- Identify areas for improvement
- Manage new compliance projects as needs arise
- Strong communication skills (oral/written) to effectively interact with diverse groups of people.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Superior attention to detail
- Process and results oriented
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Ability to adapt to change and innovation.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Works effectively with internal and external contacts
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable